Relay For Life is a family festival celebrating the power of community fundraising in the fight to beat cancer.
Teams of friends and family fundraise for life-saving cancer research then unite at a weekend-long festival to honour everyone who has been affected by cancer and celebrate the progress made in research.
The festival is focused around a 24-hour relay where team members take it in turns to walk around a track to show
that together we’ll do whatever it takes to beat cancer.
There are Relays taking place across the UK and thousands more around the world. Collectively, we remember loved ones we’ve lost and celebrate those who have survived.
Each Relay is organised by a dedicated local volunteer committee, to deliver an incredible weekend of celebration and remembrance.
We’re part of an international movement of over 4 million Relayers who, between us, have already raised over $6.5 billion in the worldwide fight against cancer. Together at 6,000 Relay For Life events across the globe, we celebrate survivorship, remember we’ve those lost, and join the fight to help beat cancer.
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to saving lives through research. 1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime.* Our research saves lives.
By starting or joining a Relay For Life team, and raising as much as you can, you will bring us a step closer to beating cancer.
• Our special guests are our Survivors of cancer. Each event begins with their Lap of Honour.
• Team members take it in turns to walk laps of a track, all day and all night.
• A variety of stalls, games and music from local performers. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy.
• Talks about Cancer Research UK’s ground-breaking science give us real hope for the future.
• A Candle of Hope ceremony sees the evening lit up to honour everyone affected by cancer.
• Friends and family camp overnight and soak up the festival atmosphere.
• A closing ceremony celebrates our achievements and inspires us all to continue the fight.
Everyone can be a part of Relay For Life and join the fight to help beat cancer.
Start a Team
Join a Team
Be a survivor guest of honour
Bring together 8-15 family, friends or colleagues. Get the kids involved. Set a team goal and lead your team to fundraising success.
On the Relay track, you’ll lead from the front as your team proves that together we will beat cancer.
Know someone who’s starting a team? Get them off to a great start by joining them and encourage others to do the same!
You’ll have fun and an amazing sense of achievement as you smash your fundraising target ahead of a weekend to remember.
Anyone who has ever lived with cancer is invited to join the weekend celebrations as a special guest. Survivors lead the festivities by taking part in the Survivor’s Lap of Honour.
You’re more than welcome to invite someone who has supported you through your experience with cancer to join the celebrations too.